Cedar Rapids Community School District students must earn a minimum of 40 credit hours in grades 9- 12 to qualify for a diploma. One credit hour is earned for each semester course meeting for one class period daily. Two credit hours is the equivalent of a yearlong course.
Credit hours required for graduation need to include these minimum subject area requirements:
- English Language Arts 8 credit hours
- Mathematics 6 credit hours
- Science 6 credit hours
- Social Studies 6 credit hours
- Physical Education/Health/Wellness 4 credit hours
- Elective Courses 10 credit hours
Information from the . Metro High School specifics begin on page 101 (image 101/105).
Profile of a Graduate at the CRCS District Vision. Read More.