Metro Care Connection (MCC) offers school-based health care services to all CRCSD students. MCC is a collaborative effort between Cedar Rapids Schools and the community started in 1998. The MCC health clinics are open during school hours only and are located at Taylor Elementary, Metro High School and Jefferson High School. Visit the district to learn more about the district program. Visit the district for more information on school based services in the district.
In the Metro High School Clinic, Sara Gordon RN, MSN, ARNP and Deb Gordon, Health Secretary, provide health services throughout the school day. Contact Sara or Deb with any questions.
These are some of the services available in the Clinic:
- Basic lab tests (throat cultures, urine tests)
- Health education and counseling
- Physical exams
- Prescriptions for medications
- Treatment for minor illnesses (ear infection, strep throat, etc.)
- Assistance for families applying for Hawk-I or Medicaid
- Assistance for families needing a physician
- Referrals for complex medical conditions
- Referrals for counseling services
Some of the services NOT available in the Clinic:
- ADHD medication management
- Complex lab testing
- Reproductive health care
In order to receive health care at one of the school-based health clinics, students under the age of 18 need a completed consent form signed by a parent/guardian. Students insured by Medicaid may have medical service billed to Medicaid. There is no associated cost to these students and their families. Please contact the Metro Clinic with any questions at 319 558-2272.